7th & 8th Grade Trip
Spring Break 2019
Calvin Christian Junior High
March 30 - April 4, 2019
Plans are underway for CCJH’s Spring Break in Washington, DC tour. This Calvin tradition occurs every two years, allowing all 7th and 8th Graders to experience our nation’s capital before entering their high school years. Rising 7th and 8th Graders and their parents are invited to join the adventure!
This tour will be led by Mr. Steve Whitener, CCHS History teacher. Prior to his returning to California to teach here at Calvin Christian, he lived and worked in DC and the National Capital region for 18 years. Mr. Whitener has taught history and social studies at Calvin since 2003. To experience as much as possible in a short period of time, this trip involves early mornings, late evenings, and extensive walking.
A non-refundable deposit of $500.00 is due by September 28, 2018. The balance is due no later than February 1, 2019.
Quesions? Please contact Steve Whitener, History teacher at Calvin Christian School via email, SteveWhitener@calvinchristianescondido.org , or phone at 760-489-6430.
- Smithsonian Museum of American History
- National Archives
- Day cruise to George Washington’s home at Mount Vernon, Virginia
- Capitol Building - Visitor’s Center + guided tour of the Capitol
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Library of Congress
- The Newseum
- Jefferson and Lincoln Memorials
- Pentagon 911 Memorial
- WWII, Korea and Vietnam Veterans Memorials
- Broadway musical at Ford's Theater
- Museum of the Bible (new)