Statement of Faith
Calvin Christian School serves Christian parents and their children. Over 70 different church congregations are represented; from Lutheran, Catholic, Baptist, Presbyterian, and Reformed to many non-denominational congregations. The education at Calvin Christian comes from a Biblical perspective founded in the Reformation. The following Statement of Faith articulates the basic Biblical beliefs that form the foundation of Calvin Christian and its educational practices.
- We believe that there is only one God, eternally existing in three persons: The Father, Son and Holy Spirit. This God has revealed himself to us by His creating, preserving, and governing the universe and by the written Word of God, the Bible.
- We believe the Bible is the only inspired, infallible, inerrant, and authoritative standard for what we believe and how we live.
- We believe that humanity was created in perfection, but Adam and Eve, our first parents, fell into sin. Therefore, every person is born in sin and is corrupted in their spirits, thoughts, emotions, and wills. Apart from the work of God, we are spiritually helpless and dead in sin.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is true and eternal God. This eternal Son of God became man, died on the cross to atone for the sins of all who believe, rose bodily from the dead, ascended into heaven and sits at the right hand of God the Father. Jesus will return to earth in power and glory on the final day to judge the living and the dead. He is reigning now at God’s right hand, and He sends His Holy Spirit into the world.
- We believe in the Holy Spirit who is eternally co-equal with the Father and the Son in power and glory. The Holy Spirit works to bring the dead to life by giving sinners the gift of faith and by enabling them to honor God in their lives.
- We believe in one holy, universal church founded on and affirming the teachings of the apostles.